POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Editor problem in WinXP? : Re: Editor problem in WinXP? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:55:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor problem in WinXP?
From: J Random Raytracer
Date: 29 Aug 2003 15:42:54
Message: <3f4facbe$1@news.povray.org>
"Coby" <cob### [at] tubafrogcom> wrote in message
> I am having a problem when using the editor where everything locks up for
> few seconds in the middle of an editing operation like typing a few
> characters or pasting something. This happens about every 10 seconds or
so.
> Nothing too consistent though, seems to depend on how much I am typing or
> how quickly I am trying to paste, delete, etc.
>
> Has anyone else noticed a problem like this when using the POV-Ray editor
in
> XP as opposed to other versions of Windows? Are there any things I am
> overlooking like menu settings which could slow down the editor so
> drastically? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't think this is a POV-ray problem, but rather a 'feature' of XP. I
believe the solution is to avoid using standby mode, but instead have XP to
hibernate or shut it down totally. I've had it happen at work on machines
that have never even seen POV-ray, but have been on standby overnight,
instead of shut down; it wouldn't go away without rebooting.

    'J.R.R'